Information We Collect
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on our site, we collect the data provided in the comments form, including the user’s name, email address, and comment text. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string for spam detection.
- Gravatar: If you use Gravatar, an anonymized string (hash) may be created from your email address to check if you are using Gravatar. Your profile picture may be visible to the public alongside your comment.
- Media: If you upload images to our website, please ensure that they do not contain embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Others may be able to download and extract location data from such images.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Who We Share Your Data With
If you request a password reset, your IP address may be included in the reset email.
- Comments: Comments and their metadata are retained indefinitely to facilitate the automatic approval of follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- User Profiles: For registered users, we store personal information provided in user profiles. Users can view, edit, or delete their personal information, with the exception of their usernames. Website administrators can also access and modify this information.
If you have an account on our site or have left comments, you have the right to request an exported file of your personal data. You can also request the deletion of your personal data. However, this does not include data that we are required to retain for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Automated Spam Detection
Visitor comments may be subject to automated spam detection services.